Monica Puig Biography
Mónica Puig is a professional Puerto Rican tennis player. She was introduced to tennis by her mother Astrid. Monica plays right-handed (two handed back-hand) and won her 1st WTA Title at Strasbourg in 2014.
- Born - September 27th 1993 (Hato Rey, Puerto Rico)
- Height - 1.7m (5ft 7 inches)
- Nationality - Puerto Rican
Mónica won the women's singles final against Angelique Kerber in the 2016 Rio Olympics to claim a gold medal. Feel free to watch the video by clicking here >
Monica Puig was named the best female athlete of the 2016 Rio Olympics. (ANOC Award).
Interesting facts about Monica
- She has a dog called "Rio"
- Enjoys going to the beach
- Enjoys relaxing at home, spending time with friends & family & spending time with her dogs.
- Also enjoys reading and creative writing
- To check Monica Puig's ranking click here
If Monica Puig is your favourite female tennis player, write something nice about her by clicking here. We will publish your posts on this page. Oh and "Spread the Good Word"
What others have said about Monica. (Below)
No comments have been posted yet.
Monica Puig arrives home to Puerto Rico after winning the Gold at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games (Picture below).
Check out this fantastic slideshow of Monica. She made history! (Below).
Monica & Maria hug after their match. (Monica Puig invitational).
Monica's dog "Rio"