Serena Williams and her daughter have appeared on the front cover of Vogue Magazine - February 2018 Edition
Serena Williams and her daughter Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr have appeared on the front cover of Vogue Magazine in February's 2018 Edition.
She wrote on the social media platform Twitter - Thrilled to cover @voguemagazine's February issue with my daughter! This is a moment I will never forget. Followed by a link to Vogue magazine. (See embedded Tweet).
You can read the full story via the link. (See Tweet).
Front cover of Vogue Magazine.
- Serena's daughter Olympia was born by emergency C-section
- Alexis cut the cord
- The day after she gave birth, Serena told medical staff that she was concerned that she had developed blood clots, and a scan found several in her lungs
- She was given a drip with an anticoagulant medication, having gone of those drugs just before giving birth to her daughter Alexis
- Her c-section scar then opened from the coughing caused by her pulmonary embolism and her recently thinned blood
- A filter had to then be inserted in a major vein to keep blood clots from travelling to her lungs and she was put on bed rest for the next six weeks
Serena now posts regular pictures of her daughter on Instagram.
Serena & her daughter.
Mother & baby.
The Williams family.