A Women's Tennis Website
Everything relating to Women's Tennis
Welcome to Women's Tennis by Wayne
Due to his passion for women’s tennis, Wayne Jackson has set up “Women's Tennis by Wayne” for everyone who is a fan and follows the exciting sport of women’s tennis.
On this website you can see the latest women's tennis news, the latest rankings, active and upcoming tournaments, results, statistics/information on all the female tennis players. You can also watch videos, view pictures, check the players social media posts, see who's dating who as well as have your say on anything related to women’s tennis.
We pretty much include anything relating to this fantastic sport!
If you would like to comment on a particular tennis topic, simply click here >.
And "Yes" we will publish your posts.
We hope you enjoy the site and have fun however please respect the sport and the players.
Since setting up the website in 2016 the website has gone from strength to strength, gaining mass traffic globally! Read more >
The latest news - All news
21st of August 2019 - US Open 2019 – American Amanda Anisimova has withdrawn from the US Open after the death of her father and coach Konstantin. Anisimova reached the semi-finals of the French Open in June.
The world number 24 was due to play at Flushing Meadows for a second time after losing in the first round in 2018.
"The USTA [United States Tennis Association] and US Open send our deepest condolences to Amanada Anisimova on the passing of her father, Konstantin," said a statement.
June the 16th 2019 - Caroline has married David Lee in Tuscany. Angelique Kerber, Agnieszka Radwanska and Serena Williams were all present at the ceremony, along with over 100 other guests including friends and family.
According to Vogue, Caroline wore a Oscar de la Renta embroidered gown. Caroline took to the social media platform, Instagram and posted a picture of herself and her husband saying " Best weekend of my life, followed by a red love heart emoji" To see the picture click here >
19th of May 2019 - Karolina Pliskova beat Johanna Konta 6-3 6-4 to claim her second title of the season and her biggest title on clay to win Rome. (Internazioni BNL d’Italia). Karolina will rise to No.2 in the world when the new rankings are released on Monday.
16th of May 2019 - Johanna Konta has reached the Italian Open quarter-finals with a 6-2 6-4 win over Venus Williams - her second match of the day.
16th of May 2019 - Maria Sharapova has pulled out of the French Open with on ongoing shoulder problem. She made the announcement via Instagram. Here’s what she had to say "Withdrawing from the read more >
6th of May 2019 - Katie Boulter has withdrawn from the French Open and will miss the rest of the clay-court season due to a back injury. Katie needed a hot water bottle during change overs in the Fed Cup, when Britain beat Kasachstan.
Women's Rankings (Top 20) - As of 21/08/2019 - See more >
- Naomi Osaka (World Number One)
- Ashleigh Barty
- Karolina Pliskova
- Simona Halep
- Elina Svitolina
- Petra Kvitova
- Kiki Bertens
- Serena Williams
- Aryna Sabalenka
- Madison Keys
- Sloane Stephens
- Anastasija Sevastova
- Belinda Bencic
- Angelique Kerber
- Bianca Andreescu
- Johanna Konta
- Marketa Vondrousova
- Qiang Wang
- Caroline Wozniacki
- Sofia Kenin
Upcoming and Present Tournaments
Current tournament(s) being played and upcoming tournaments - See all >
- New Haven, Connecticut Open Tennis, CT United States. 18th - 24th of August 2019.
- Flushing Meadows, 2019 US OPEN TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS. USA. New York. 26th August - 7th of September 2019. (Grand Slam).
- Hiroshima, Hana-cupid Japan Women's Open, Japan. 9th - 15th of September 2019.
- Quebec City, Coupe Banque Nationale, Canada. 9th - 15th September 2019.
- Nanchang, Jiangxi Open, China. 9th - 15th of September 2019.
- Tokyo, Toray Pan Pacific Open Tennis Tournament. Japan. 16th - 22nd of September 2019.
- Guangzhou Open, China. 16th - 21st of September 2019.
- Seoul, Korea Open, South Korea. 16th - 22nd of September 2019.
- Wuhan, Wuhan Open, China. 22nd - 28th of September 2019.
- Tashkent Open, Uzbekistan. 23rd - 28th of September 2019.
- Beijing, China Open, China. 28th of September - 6th of October 2019.
- Tianjin Open, China. 7th - 13th of October 2019.
- Hong Kong, Prudential Hong Kong Tennis Open, China. 7th - 13th of October 2019.
- Linz, Upper Austria Ladies Linz, Austria. 7th - 13th of October 2019.
- Moscow, VTB Kremlin Cup, Russia. 14th - 20th of October 2019.
- BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open, Luxembourg. 14th - 20th of October 2019.
- Shenzhen, WTA Finals Shenzhen. China. 27th October - 3rd of November 2019.
Naomi Osaka Australian Open
Ashleigh Barty French Open
Simona Halep Wimbledon
Naomi Osaka US Open
What others have said about their favourite player.
Angelique Kerber - Angie has a core set of principles that she adheres too. She is strong, tough defensively, and has a fighting spirit that others simply don't possess. In recent years, she has added some aggressive play, which has dictated the outcome of many matches, and won her many CHAMPIONSHIPS. She has achieved top ten status for the past 5 years, and is currently at number 2 in the World, with her eyes on number 1.
Angie has provided spectators with some of the best tennis matches and rivalries in Womens Tennis. All that, and she's "drop dead gorgeous " to boot! Win or lose, the spectators get much more value for their money, when they see Angie play. She's on my "BUCKET LIST" of people to meet.
Garbine Muguruza - She has an all round versatile game. Great footwork and now seems to have a passion to win more than ever. I also like her height, wingspan and volleys at net and elsewhere have improved. I'm backing her to be numero uno soon. Cheers!
Julia Goerges - She is so pretty fantastic when she plays, the way she maneuvers the return, and how she places it right where she wants it, so impressive in every tennis match that I have seen so far in her ten years of professional tennis, amazing and wonderful, love to watch her every time she plays, wherever that might be!
Maria Sharapova is a fighter in and off of courts, her spirit is just inspiring.